Sunday, November 12, 2006

A, B, C, D, E, F, G....


Nathan sang his ABC's tonight all the way through, all by himself, no prompting. That was the first time he's done that in I don't know how long. 6 or 9 months maybe? He's getting lost letters back too. He'd lost "H" for a while, which out of most of the letters, that one was the worst he'd lost because it was in his name. But, it's back. And, he's begun saying things like, "D for dog". He's got maybe 4 he says I think.

I let him have cake today. We went to Bounce U for a bday party for a neighbor. One of the bounce houses there was this obstacle course. There was this part where you have to climb a wall (think GI Jane desperately trying to climb over that wall, lol). Anyway, I could just see him over the side. He was getting so close and then he'd slide down. I swear he probably slid down 8 times. I was just cheering him on, holding myself back from jumping in there and giving him a little push. So, I just kept encouraging him, and by God, he finally got it. I had to choke back the tears. Ah to have had a camera and caught the look on his face when he got on top of that wall. It was incredible. So, yes, there was cake eating (aack and icing eating too). I let him eat the whole damn thing. I shouldn't have, then again, I don't think the mod atkins did much for him beyond the first little bit of time. And, he had a great rest of the day. I figure as long as he eats pretty healthy most of the time, a little bit of cake now and then is ok.

I so wish I had a crystal ball to see where he's going to be in a year. My mom said each time she sees him she sees a little bit more of an improvement. And, yeah, I see them too but they aren't as pronounced to me as they are to her. I would love to just get a peek into the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home