Monday, April 02, 2007

Back to progress...

This increase in Nathan's felbatol from last week is undoubtedly doing the trick. For how long, who knows. Of course, my mother is blasting me for not being positive about it. I'm not being positive OR negative... I' m being realistic. I'm always hopeful the latest thing we've done is "the trick" but I'm not naive either.

So, we'll ride this ride as long as we can.

But, last night before bed, Nathan was flipping through, "Are You My Mother" by Dr. Seuss. He turned to a page and said, "that is 'the' ". I turned to another page and asked him if he saw the word "the" anyplace on that page and he correctly pointed it out. So, I'm confident he's now able to sight read the word, "the". I definitely feel like he's back to making progress. His teachers are sending home copies of his behavior chart every day. Its basically his schedule, IE, morning work, speech therapy, recess, lunch, etc. For every activity he completes with the appropriate behavior, he gets a sticker and at the end of the day, earns his choice of free time, or computer time, etc.

For the most part, he's come home with every, or almost every sticker filled in. So it seems like he's showing consistency with his behavior at school too.

The strangest thing I've noticed -- his breath. I've talked to his naturopath about that before. Bad breath is an indication of some kind of unhealthy situation going on - barring "morning breath". Nathans breath, recently especially, was always bad. Didn't matter if you'd just scrubbed his teeth or not. And, two weeks ago when he had pneumonia, OMG, you'd have thought the child was eating straight poop, not to be gross, but wow. It was b-a-d.

Well... no more bad breath. Not even in the mornings. I find that really interesting.

Anyway, fingers crossed we get at least a few really good months out of this recent increase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home